Multipitch Rock Climbing is a comprehensive two day course introducing the outdoor rock climber to the intricacies, challenges and joy of multipitch climbing in beautiful location in Ireland.
The course covers
- Route choice, selecting the appropriate grade, approach to the route
- Abseiling into a route or from the top of a route
- Building anchors / belays using natural protection and gear
- Stance and rope management at a belay
- Selection of the appropriate protection (gear) and placement review
- Communication on multipitch routes
- Psychological approach and tactics
- Escaping a route and retreat
The course is designed to introduce you to all of the above while we climb routes. The goal on completion of the course is that you leave a confident, safe and independent multipitch climber.
Price €200 p/person.
Venue: Wicklow, The Mournes and Fairhead
Maximum Group Ratio: 2:1
Previous Experience Essential
Discounts available for Clubs and Scout Groups